In January, 2012, we began a remodeling project with the house we formerly used for summer staff. That summer we dedicated the house to the Lord and it became the "The Diamond L Prophet House."
The purpose for the Prophet House comes from 2 Kings chapter 4 in the Bible. This passage tells of a woman who prepared a room for Elisha, God's prophet, to stay in when he was passing by.
Today all over the USA you will find rooms and houses that are maintained for missionaries who are on furlough or traveling for deputation. Sometimes they are between churches or assignments and need a place to stay. With God's provision, and help from our church, The First Baptist Church of Hulett, and our friends and family we provide the house and food at no cost to them. They are welcome to stay as long as they want or need.
We have been honored to have folks from Romania, several families from Brazil, from India, a couple of families from South Africa, South Korea, several from Peru, Democratic Republic of Congo, Thailand, the Philippines, the Andes of Peru. We have also hosted American missionaries and an evangelist, retired pastors and a few acting pastors and their families. We have been blessed by everyone and their missions.
Now in 2015 we believe that God is calling us to expand our mission to include pastors and their families (from small churches); men and women retreats and meetings; youth groups; planning meetings; bible studies; and folks who travel following Jesus's great commission. We want to help take care of all of God's people who do His work full time. For this reason we have decided to make some modifications to the lodge and the cabin rooms so that they can be used for this work.
A few quick items for your information:
- We only book by reservation and availability.
- We have NO cell phone service.
- We have very limited internet service.
- We supply basic food items that can help you prepare for your meals during your stay. However, if you have special dietary needs you will need to bring these items with you.
- We will require a $50.00 deposit when you arrive. We use this for any damages and to replace broken items. It can also be used to take care of the required cleaning of what you used. If you do not want to or you are pressed for time and you prefer for someone else to do the cleaning the deposit can be used to take care of having someone else do it.
Over the years, God has so greatly blessed us and now He wants us to be a blessing to all those He sends to us, all those He has called to His purpose. We are very humbled by this undertaking, we know that when God gives you work to accomplish He provides what you need, so we greatly appreciate all of the help, donations and especially the prayers that are given when God touches the hearts of those who so freely give to us to keep this mission going and growing.